The primary source for Murex trainings is MTEK (formerly MTEC) with its extensive training schedule for these courses. Please note, both links, schedule and description, are quite outdated, however they give an idea of what training is available at MTEK; up-to-date ones covering S1/2015 are available from your MTEK contact or as download from the Client Zone. In addition, your account manager at Murex can organize on-site trainings on specific issues for you. Also, they arrange for Webex sessions held on seldom requested topics.
If you need customized Murex training, either because MTEK does not offer it or because you want your very specific general requirements or client-specific aspects being covered, the services of freelance contractors may assist you in aquiring this very knowledge.
Training sessions I have given, beside or during my regular work in Murex projects, include:
- End-of-day processing and scheduling (client-specific courses during project of restructuring the eod process)
- MxG2000 accounting module (two-days course with an overview and including practice, chart of accounts mapping, accounting rules&events)
- Mreport reporting module (training on the job, teach the practical approach to reporting requests from the business)
- RTI/MDCS market data interface (training on the job, to achieve a proper RIC creation for unusual instruments)
- Straight-through processing (training on the job)
- Performance optimization, Murex environment tuning & load balancing (training on the job, "make the whole thing go faster")
- General Murex usage and how-to (workshop)
- Murex infrastructure/architecture audit (advisory activity in terms of "how to improve")
- Murex eod-of-day processing review (workshop)
Others, given by affiliates, include:
- Bond setup and processing in Murex MxG2000 and Mx.3
- End-user training for front office users (including general Murex overview)
- FX and FXO focused end-user training for front office
These training sessions can be arranged on your premises.
If you have questions regarding these sessions, don't hesitate to contact me. Please feel free to inquire about new trainings, aligned to your very specific needs.
Please note that I cannot train any individual persons not working for Murex customers. Nevertheless, I can give you some hints on how to get started if you give me a picture of your background, skills and goals.
NB: For the time being, I'm afraid I cannot give any trainings unless embedded in longer-term project work.
When you think you need Murex trainings to start from scratch, either as an individual or employed within an organization:
Trainings do not help to acquire any Murex knowledge, as long as no practical background is available. Most people starting with Murex in a support or developer role come either from the functional (like front office/trading, operations/settlement, accounting, risk management/controlling, ...) or technical (connectivity, database administration, server operations or planning, ...) side, some from the project management fields. Starting without a solid and better-than-the-average knowledge in at least one of these mentioned areas is merely impossible.
The best way of getting a grip on Murex, and no training can be a substitute for this: Go and get yourself a mentor. Bring along your field of expertise and create a win-win situation with him. The same applies to your relationship to the Murex customers seeking to work with you: they need what you excel in, and you get a first step into the Murex world.